Job Announcement - Senior Accreditation Assistance Coordinator
Job Code/ Req#:
$25.00 per hour
Internal Posting URL:
Applications Accepted By:
Fax or Email:
John B. Tucker Jtucker341@aol.com
Subject Line: Senior Accreditation Assistance Coordinator
SOUTH CAROLINA LAW ENFORCEMENT ACCREDITATION, Inc. (SCLEA)
P.O. Box 212266
Columbia, SC 29221
Scope of Work
Senior Accreditation Assistance Coordinator
Role and Responsibilities
The primary role of this position is to provide accreditation related services to SCLEA clients. The position will assist client agencies during the self-assessment phase of the accreditation process. The position will:
- Manage clients within a common geographical area of the State
- Conduct an initial on-site review for agencies beginning the self-assessment phase
- Establish a professional relationship with assigned agency's Accreditation Manager and/or CEO
- Provide customer service support to assigned agencies
- Respond to and follow-up on inquiries and requests for information
- Respond to client questions as they relate to accreditation standards and processes
- Assist client agencies with file development and PowerDMS® set-up
- Schedule and complete periodic reviews of assigned agency's policies and/or proofs of compliance
- Maintain a current working knowledge of all SCLEA standards
- Help the agency establish a mentoring relationship with a nearby accredited agency
- Serve as a point of contact for clients, staff, and Council members
- Attend Accreditation Assistance Coordinator Training, as needed
- Attend SCLEA Council meetings, if requested
- Track and report monthly work hours
- Supervise all Regional Accreditation Assistance Coordinators
Strong organizational and time management skills, and ability to prioritize
Ability to establish effective working relationships with executive officers and public safety personnel
Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
Strong problem-solving skills and analytical abilities
Proficient with Microsoft Office products
Knowledge of SCLEA Accreditation Process or ability to gain acceptable expertise
Knowledge of PowerDMS® software or ability to gain proficiency
Knowledge of the functions and relationships of law enforcement and other government agencies.
Knowledge of public safety policies, operational procedures, and administrative practices.
Ability to deal tactfully, courteously, and effectively with a wide range of clients.
Ability to communicate effectively with others both in-person and over the telephone and computer in a clear and concise manner.
Ability to read, understand and complete assignments in a timely fashion.
Ability to compile, organize, prepare, and maintain required records, reports, and related information.
Ability to learn and apply new skills needed to efficiently complete job requirements.
Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
Will be required to work up to 120 hours a month, primarily during normal business hours.
Senior accreditation assistance coordinator will represent one of the following regions: Piedmont, Midlands, Pee-Dee, and Low-Country. Senior coordinator must be able to travel within designated region.